4/15/2011

Knee Injury?


Knee Injury?I am 34 and I had a knee injury two years ago. I fell on my knee and a sharp object punctured the area. I have had arthscopic surgery a year ago to clean out the knee but have been experiencing severe sharp pains nearly every day. I recently had an MRI and discovered I know have arthritis behind the knee cap. I don't yet have a plan as to what to do or expect in the future. Is it typical for an injury to cause arthritis? I am on oxycondone to get through a day. I work at a desk but even sitting, or being in any position for any length of time causes tremendous pain. What does anyone believe is a typical prognosis? Thank you

- Shar
It's not uncommon to develop arthritis after an injury to a joint but it's usually comes over time.
You may have to have another arthroscopy done to see what other problem is causing that severe of pain.

Good luck. Maybe some physical therapy is in your future also.

What do you think? Answer below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Knee Injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment