4/22/2011

What exercise is safe for arthritic knees if you want to lose weight?


What exercise is safe for arthritic knees if you want to lose weight?I've gained 30 lbs in the last 4 months largely due to inactivity cause my knees hurt so much whenever I exercise. But the weight is putting additional pressure on my knees, cause most of it is on my tighs and but.

- Heather
swimming. the water supports your weight, and gives you a muscle and heart workout. since it's winter, i suggest join the Y or gym.
30 pounds is a lot to gain in so little time. i don't exercise at all, and i gained a little, but not that much. i would talk to the doctor, and see if it's not your thyroid or another medical problem.
good luck, and happy swimming.

- peg42857
I have it in both knees what I do is use a cane and walk.I fill the tub with warm water and do leg lifts not to high.Them I bend knee one at a time slowly taking turns with each one 50 times each started with 10.Also rub each knee for a while to get the blood flowing.I take glucosamine chondrotin to help it took 5 years to work up to wear I am.

Add your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: What exercise is safe for arthritic knees if you want to lose weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment