5/18/2011

I have a meniscus tear but i dont have to get surgery what are other treatments that i may get?


I have a meniscus tear but i dont have to get surgery what are other treatments that i may get?I just found out that i have a meniscus tear yesterday. I have been able to walk on my leg for many weeks now with the injury. Would i still have to get crutches or a knee brace or something even though sometimes my knee hurts and "gives away" but not all the time.

- John M
I don't have experience with that particular injury, but I had something similar.
I recently broke my right Fibula, but I could walk entirely painlessly.
Regardless I went to the doctor and they said had I walked on my leg much longer and my bone would have healed crooked and possibly gotten horribly infected.
For the sake of your health, don't walk on it, and get crutches until it's healed.

- CrazyHorseLady
A brace might not be a bad idea just to give your knee more support especially if it is giving away. the best thing that you can do is rest that leg as much as you can and let it heal.2n

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: I have a meniscus tear but i dont have to get surgery what are other treatments that i may get?

No comments:

Post a Comment