9/01/2011

Knee Arthroscopy

Knee Arthroscopy


knee arthroscopy - click on the image below for more information.



This book serves as a technique-oriented "how-to" guide to knee arthroscopy. Renowned authorities present advances in meniscal transplantation, articular cartilage repair, anterior cruciate ligament treatment and other procedures. Chapters are comprehensive, and readers are led step-by-step through techniques. Anatomy, indications, and complications for each approach are highlighted, and clinical pearls are featured throughout. Case studies facilitate the integration of concepts into practice. Orthopedic surgeons, orthopedic residents, and sports medicine physicians will find this thorough text invaluable.





Knee Arthroscopy





Click on the button for more knee arthroscopy information and reviews.






Left knee arthroscopy
knee arthroscopy

Image by Bekathwia


Knee Arthroscopy........?

i hope these sights help!! :) -mikuThey'll probably just give you a local anesthetic at each of the three spots where they stick the arthroscopic instruments in. Or maybe put you down, I've never had it.

It should only take about 15 minutes per knee.

They might give you some relatively mild pain pills, or tell you to take something over the counter depending on what they do.

You probably shouldn't try to walk much for a few days because that might cause inflammation, which hurts like heII.you won,t be able to walk easily. i had crutches after having my left knee done in 12/2008. i was in physical therapy within two weeks. i was walking o.k. in a month. bending down to use the toilet will be the toughest thing you,ll face. i was on pain meds for a few weeks. i went back tothe gym after six weeks. i,m 64. i was 61 when i had it done. twe little holes that you can,t even see after a few weeks. i went home from the hospital the same day.I had my left knee done a few years ago because of torn cartilage. I was completely knocked out, but the surgery really didn't take very long. My knee was heavily bandaged, I felt fine and didn't even take a pain pill - until about 12 hours later, then OMG! my knee hurt so bad. I started taking the pain pills then, and had to use my mom's old walker or hold onto things to get around. You'll probably want to get crutches and use them for a while, especially if you're getting both knees done. Unless your toilet sits up fairly high, using it can be a problem. I had to get a seat riser, so I didn't have to bend my knee so much. I pretty much just laid around, took pain pills and watched movies for three days. I had to borrow a car because mine was a standard transmission and I couldn't push the clutch in when I started driving. I went to physical therapy, but even after my knee healed and felt fine, it still had some numbness in that area, and had a pulling sensation in my thigh for about a year and a half whenever I'd squat down. I'm not trying to scare you, but this was my experience with it. I think I was off work for about 5 weeks.

How knee arthroscopy is carried out








Animation to show how knee arthroscopy iscarried out. The content is intended for general information only and does not replace the need for personal advice from a qualified health professional. For more information visit our health information site www.bupa.co.uk



Orignal From: Knee Arthroscopy

No comments:

Post a Comment