4/16/2011

How can I strengthen my knee in general?


How can I strengthen my knee in general?I play tennis and basketball and have noticed my knees (especially left knee) the next day are sore. I wear an ankle brace to keep it tight on my knee. I also bike to class/around town. All these activities make walking up & down stairs difficult because they feel 1) sore and 2) weakened.

My question is what can I do to alleviate my aches, strengthen my knee, or prevent problems in the future? Thanks in advance everybody!

- laniirene
i do a lot of knee strengthening excersises because i am a ballerina and i have been doing it since i was three. i went to a doctor and he said that my knees aren't weak, they are worn out. i did soccer, but i am taking a break from it because i am wearing out my knees (by that i mean working them too mcuh without enough breaks). ur knees are most likely strong, it's just you need a little break from being on your feet and putting pressure on them.

hope this helps, hun! (:

- confusedmoon
I can see that you're not a professional, that's for sure. Your coach would have told you about strength training if you were a pro.

Squats! Squats strengthen knees. Squatters have 10X the knee health of a normal person!
Squat three times a week. Nothing moderate, use a pretty heavy load which you can't lift for more than 15 reps, then you rep it for 10 strict, deep reps.

What do you think? Answer below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: How can I strengthen my knee in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment