4/16/2011

Knee Injury Symptoms?


Knee Injury Symptoms?We had some training for combat today. Someone shoved me hard enough that i fell. When this happened i somehow hurt my knee. It didn't hit the floor so i know it's not just bruised. Within 15-20 min. it had begun swelling. I needed to finish the training for the certification so i did. After wards of course the swelling had gotten worse and my knee began to hurt even more. It feels very weak. There's a shooting pain just around the area and across my knee if i move it a little. When i walk it's not only painful but stiff. Everything feels very tight and at the same time as though it might break in half if i put too much weight on it. Most of the pain is on the outer side of my right knee. there's some pain on the inner area. It's also below my knee cap. I'm wondering what this could possibly be. I intend on going to the doctor tomorrow but i read that due to pain and swelling there might not be much he can do until that subsides a bit. I was reading about ACL's but the area appears to be more around the lateral meniscus, of course i was looking at a picture and have no real knowledge of knees.

- David B
stiff and painful is usually a sign of a sprain or strain...torn structures will usually make it feel "unstable," like it wont hold in one or another plane of motion. RICE therapy would be appropriate...rest, ice, compression (ace or such,) elevation. After the 1st 24 hours, then heat.

- panoramaortho
There are any number of things that could have happened. Did you hear or feel a "pop"? That would point towards ACL. Immediate swelling also points to ACL. Sometimes the pain can be difuse enough that it's difficult to pinpoint the origin. It could also be medial or lateral meniscus or medial or lateral collateral ligaments. It's really hard to say just based on your description but the doctor can do some simple (note I said simple, not painless) tests to see where the injury is and then a MRI will confirm or rule out the diagnosis. In the meantime, use R.I.C.E.- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (and some ibuprofin if you can take it) to help reduce the swelling and make an evaluation easier. Good luck!

What do you think? Answer below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Knee Injury Symptoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment