4/16/2011

What are the best ways to prevent knee injuries?


What are the best ways to prevent knee injuries?I play a lot of "flat ground sports" that involve a lot of running. I recently noticed that more of my friends are getting knee injuries and one of my friends has permanent damage! What should I do to prevent this from happening to me?

- Dr. K
Simple warm up exercise. Walk on the ball of your feet for about 5 mins, on outside of your feet for 5 mins, inside of your feet, tippy toes, then walk backwards. This will strengthen the ligaments and muscles of your ankles and knees, and you'll notice that not only your risk of injury has reduced, your ability to run or any other foot work has increased a bit.

- Jazib I
Thank you for asking us at Yahoo but I would suggest you to consult an orthopaedic doctor.

Meanwhile you can visit my blog meant for the awareness of Knee Related Problems at
http://drknee.blogspot.com

Add your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: What are the best ways to prevent knee injuries?

No comments:

Post a Comment