4/16/2011

Unexplained leg swelling, pain, knee joint pain......?


Unexplained leg swelling, pain, knee joint pain......?I have unexplained 10 lb weight gain, both legs swelling and very sore to touch, tibia pain, and knee pain. I run/walk 2 miles daily if my pain is tolerable. The only med I take is Questran for unexplained diahrrea. I had a strange week of coughing blood(100 cc's at a time, about 6 times). I have elevated CEA levels, but a clear colonoscopy. CT's and ultrasounds prior to the swelling have shown nothing that I can link to it.... I drink 2 liters of water daily along with other fluid intake, so I know it's not lack of H2O. I was trying to link all this together prior to the swelling/leg pains, and was getting nowhere. Now I have the new symptom of water retention, and it's going to drive me crazy!
Is ther anyone out there that can give me a good guess as to what it is that's doing this to me????
BTW, I am a 36 year old female. I don't smoke.
Dont' know if it applies, or even makes a difference, but here are some more odd items about me....
I have had unexplained bleeding from both breasts. I was told that I have a 3mm nodule in my lung that they are going to monitor... this was found by CT, but it does not show on lung xray. I drink approximately 3 beers a day. My weight is ok, thought it is over my norm by at least 10 lbs.... was 123 last year, but was up to 144 last month. I started my walk/run at that point, and lost about 5 lbs. Oh, I passed my TB test they gave me during the coughing of blood episode.
Family history of cancers.... Bone cancer (father's mother), Non Hodgkins Lymphoma (father), endometrial cancer (mother), breast cancer both sides (mother's mother and father's sister), colon cancer (mother's brother). Everyone has died from these items except my uncle with colon cancer.
Sorry, but gout does sound right. Next answer please.....
I meant to say gout does NOT sound right

- Doc
Gout, and /or phlebitis. I have nothing against beer, but it's not for you. Switch to another beverage, non alcoholic, as you are toxifying sensitive areas in the colon, and it is being absorbed into you blood, taxing your liver, and producing higher levels or uric acid.

See a nutritionist, but don't spend alot of money. Just change what's necessary in the diet, from the supermarket.

- mel
could be gout, my mum had it in her ankle and I did not know what it was at first, with you coughing up blood could it be a clot? I think you need a doctor to give you a good check up and do not leave until you have an answer, it could be an allergy, too much salt, possibly too much water as it can put a strain on your kidneys , could be a reaction to a medication you are on, the list is endless really.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Unexplained leg swelling, pain, knee joint pain......?

No comments:

Post a Comment