5/01/2011

Knee Disorders: floating knee cap and early onset arthritis?


floating knee cap and early onset arthritis?When I was young I was diagnosed as having a luxating patella in both of my knees. This is extremely common in small dogs, but the floating knee cap is also seen in humans as well. Anyway. My orthopedic doctor told me that I would probably experience arthritis earlier than most adults. Over the past few months I have been working longer shifts (I work in a hospital, so there is a lot of movement on my part, sometimes up to six miles in one shift). I've been noticing that mid through my shifts, my right knee has become incredibly stiff and it is extremely painful to bend it. Also, standing up and walking after sitting for some period of time causes pain. Now, even on my days off where there is not nearly as much movement I am still experiencing pain. Could this be early onset arthritis? I am only nineteen years old, and did not expect this to happen so soon. I have tried looking at numerous websites for this condition, but most of them are for canines!

- winkcat
ask your family practice Dr. for a Rheumatology consult

Add your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Knee Disorders: floating knee cap and early onset arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment