5/13/2011

Still in pain 6 weeks after shaved meniscus?


Still in pain 6 weeks after shaved meniscus?Can anyone tell me if they still experienced pain after having their meniscus shaved? I have my full range of motion back after physical therapy but I still have the stabbing pain that was there before the surgery. I feel like I went through all of this for nothing. I did have some relief for about a week but then last week, the pain started in again. I expected soreness but this is definitely pain whenever I walk. I'm not sure if I am just not being patient enough or if there is something wrong.

- Sarah..!
isn't a meniscus the top of water? Like the little ever-so-slightly-curved line on the top of water?

- Marcia T
I sure would trust my surgeon's opinion before I'd trust someone's answer on Yahoo Answers!

- Gretchen Anne
I would talk to your doctor/surgeon and see what they suggest! Pain that comes back after surgery should definitely be reported to them so they can try and figure out what's going on. Could be a surgical complication or something VERY different than what you had before. Good luck!

(To the PP, yes it is the curved top of water, but also a word referring to a part of the knee)

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Still in pain 6 weeks after shaved meniscus?

No comments:

Post a Comment