4/30/2011

How can I get my family doctor to prescribe vicodin to me for my knee pain?


How can I get my family doctor to prescribe vicodin to me for my knee pain?I have had two knee scopes and have horrible arthritis and constant knee pain. Vicodin is the only thing that seems to work for the pain. No I am not an addict or junkie, I'm a 38 year old married mother of 3 who has a full time job outside the home who just can't take being in constant pain anymore. Any suggestions from anyone? I am too young for a knee replacement I'm being told so........

- CR
forget the vicodin, to many side effects and dependency. Try arnica both as a rub and as a disolving tablet. It works great on joint pain, it is all natural, no side effects.

- Order In Chaos
Vicodin is for concentrated pain and is only prescribed for short periods of time. No doctor in their right mind will prescribe a narcotic classified drug for a long period unless your dieing...

Alive works better.
~

- Val J
I agree, forget the Vicodin. Narcotic pain relievers are good if dealing with a short term problem, or end of life issues. Arnica is very good as an anti-inflammatory agent. Moist heat, not just a heating pad, is also good. Also, age has very little to do with joint replacements. If your knee needs to be replaced, it can be/should be done. If your doctor is telling you that you are too young, get another doctor.
Good luck.

- doc_holliday1863
I have a back problem and Vicodin is about the only thing that will give me any pain releif. My Doctor is hesident on percribeing it maybe because no one but you has to bear the pain and not them so it's hard for them to understand just how bad the pain feels.
The next time you feel so bad that you can hardly stand the pain just go to the ER and tell them you want some releif from your unbearable pain...they will takecare of you and allso mention that your family Doctor wont percribe anything for you that deals with the kind of pain that you have.
Once the Doctor hears that you've been going to the ER for pain releif he will glady percribe some Vicodin for you because he simply is not doing his job!

- moongyrl9999
with debilitating arthritis like that (i'm getting there myself), you should be seeing a pain management doc. if your doc isn't helping you, see another that can set you up with this. they forget that YOU are their employer when they get on their high horses. i just changed docs because of that and as my pain progresses, i know my new doc will help me. also, constant pain can lead to depression, which you don't need with a busy life (not fun to try to balance everything on top of being depressed, trust me). good luck.

Give your answer to this question below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: How can I get my family doctor to prescribe vicodin to me for my knee pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment