4/15/2011

I have a torn knee cartilage, what leg exercises can I do?


I have a torn knee cartilage, what leg exercises can I do?Hi,

I have a torn cartilage in my knee, what leg exercies I can do without hurting my knee?
But others have said that squats would destory my cartilage?

- Brooke
squats

- Lori
You need to see an orthopedic doctor. He then will refer you to physical therapy.

I had a torn cartilage on my right knee as a result of a bad fall. My primary doctor sent me to have an MRI and referred me for physical therapy. After 3 weeks of physical therapy I was scheduled for surgery last week. The surgery was successful. And I am going back to physical therapy to get strength on my knee. Good luck.

- Charlotte S
hi,

Squats are the worse form of exercise to do, it will damage your cartalige even more, i have torn mine and ive been told to, not squat and kneel down, try layin on the floor and move your legs up and down side to side. thats the best option, and of course light walking, but dont push your self to hard!

Best of luck!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...
Hi,I did the following:

Lifenet Tissue Graft Knee Cartilage







www.nucleusinc.com This 3D medical animation shows arthroscopic surgery on the knee joint to remove free-floating cartilage and replace it with a Lifenet tissue graft. Prior to surgery, the joint is prepared by filling it with fluid. Next, the surgeon inserts an arthroscope in order to visualize the torn meniscal cartilage, and remove the tissue with a cutting tool. Later, a Lifenet tissue graft will be sewn into place.
Video Rating: 5 / 5

Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...

Orignal From: I have a torn knee cartilage, what leg exercises can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment