5/01/2011

Can a 16 year old have arthritis in her knees?


Can a 16 year old have arthritis in her knees?My sister loves to run for fun, but lately she's been getting pains in her knees, She says it's arthritis, but our dad (Who has arthritis in his back) says it isn't.

so tell me:
Can a 16 year-old runner, who has been running for about 2-3 years now, have arthritis in her knees?

- James Ford
Yes, arthritis does not discriminate against age. She should go to the doctor to get that ruled out - knee pain in runners does not always indicate arthritis.

- Pikachu
It is possible, but there are many other conditions that are more common in younger people.

- Jessica K
A 16 year old runner can develop runner's knee :). Patellofemoral syndrome. I have it too, but I am far from athletic (skinny, asthmatic nerd!) - I got it through heredity.

Wikipedia says that: Pain at the front of the knee due to overuse can be addressed with a basic program consisting of RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation), anti-inflammatory medications, and physiotherapy"

I do a lot of yoga when my knees hurt and I take a lot of care when walking down stairs (I found out I had it when I fell down the subway stairs!!)

Give your answer to this question below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Can a 16 year old have arthritis in her knees?

No comments:

Post a Comment