5/01/2011

Does physical inactivity cause knee pain?


Does physical inactivity cause knee pain?Last year I used to be a very active person. , I would play sports nd workout , normally I would run 2-3 miles a day and about 5 months ago I stopped working out to focus more on school work , however I want to get back and start working out since I'm gaining a bit of bodyfat, however everytime I play soccer or run my knees hurt during the workout , the pain is dull but a bit bothersome . Any advice on how to fix will be appriciated . I also tried icing my knees and that helped a little

- lucky
Do some straching before any excercise .

- creed
sounds like you already have some type of condition going on in the knees, but yes, the weaker the muscles, the more stress on the joints..therefore, start with a basic plan until your knees feel better..the weight also doesn't help...& yes, cold packs do wonders for joints...but still get them checked out by your physician...

- Random Person
Yeah, this is called runner's knee. You probably didn't feel the pain before because you were used to the patella grinding your cartilage. Know that you aren't as active, it starts hurting

- Ian Okamoto
This sounds normal, yes, it is common for some soreness to be expected from physical activity if you have been relatively inactive for a while. Once your body shifts back into the game, the pain should go away, for now, though, I would recommend taking a mild pain reliever, like Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, or Aspirin. You should be able to get these Over the Counter, without a prescription.

What do you think? Answer below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Does physical inactivity cause knee pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment