5/02/2011

How come when i exercise my knees hurt?


How come when i exercise my knees hurt?I am 13 years old and i am skinny i just exercise to stay healthy but my knees hurt when i do even stretching, running, yoga anything. Is it growing pains because i know when i get growing pains but i don't think i would just automatically get growing pains when i exercise. I am also very careful i do exercising just right whats wrong with my knees?

- Michael
I'm 14 and i have the same issue. It could be a number of things, but since you're still a teenager like me, its most likely Osgood Slaughters. Its a pain related to growing and is easily treated. All you need is about 2 weeks, an ice pack or two, and rest. Here's a good site to reference:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/97820/osgood_slaughter_disease_growing_pains.html

When i get these pains, i usually put ice on my knees, twice a day, for about 15 or 20 minutes but no longer because this can cause more irritation. Rest is the main element, but a cold ice pack can also be of good use too. Hope i helped!! :)

Give your answer to this question below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: How come when i exercise my knees hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment