5/01/2011

Knee Disorders: Can Accessory Navicular cause knee pain/problems?


Can Accessory Navicular cause knee pain/problems?I was diagnosed with accessory navicular when I was 12 years old. At that time I had custom made orthotics which helped that situation. But because of the accesory navicular the arches of my feet "collapse" inward.

But for as long as I can remember I have always had knee problems. My knees always crack when I kneel down. Also when I ride horses, my knee stays relatively in one position for a period of time and once I straighten my leg back out it is quite painful to straighten (same thing happens if I sit cross legged for a period of time). There are times too that if I bend my knee I can hear a "rubbing" sort of noise from my joint. Most of the pain I am feeling is on the inside of my knee joint. Could this be related to the collapsing of my arches due to the accessory navicular?

- Bobsmith
The human skeleton is designed so that the best functions are achieved when everything is in line and where it is supposed to be. I am very comfortable in my opinion that yes it is affecting your knees, probably your neck and back as well as your shoulders. Look at it like this, try building a block tower on a bed of marbles. It may work, but it isn't going to be as sturdy as one built of a solid foundation. Your feet are the foundation for every balance and joint in your body. There are a number of surgical procedures to correct flat foot. The most common and successful procedure is the MBA, but you would need to speak with your orthopedic first.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Knee Disorders: Can Accessory Navicular cause knee pain/problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment