5/20/2011

Knee Disorders: Can you practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Bursitis of the knee?


Can you practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Bursitis of the knee?I have recently been diagnosed with Bursitis under my knee. However, I wish to begin training again in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (haven't trained in 2 years). I have many physical health issues that will complicate training, but this seems to be the most pressing at the moment. Are their any recommended procedures that I could undergo before or during training? Is there anything that I can do to help reduce swelling and pain from home? Any other recommendations you may have? Please help!

- jif
sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but honestly, you should probably ask a medical professional -- they might be better able to assist you. in any case, because wikipedia says RICE, i'm gonna go with that.:] best of luck.

- jinglehimer36
What did your doctor say about it? You should ask him.

I would guess that if you tell your instructor about limitations, they can work around it.

- The black belt guitarist
I would see a doctor. Don't do anything you will regret later on.

Give your answer to this question below! Knee Disorders Treatment, Causes, Exercises, Prevention Tips, Symptoms ...


Orignal From: Knee Disorders: Can you practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Bursitis of the knee?

No comments:

Post a Comment